June 28th, 2019


We had class all day today.
  • ·      Rose: All of the city in Dushanbe, there are these ice cream stands that sell one-somoni ice cream (for what it’s worth 9.4 somoni is about 1USD). These ice creams (yakh mos transliterated) are one of the few cool things around. Most bottled water isn’t even refrigerated. The ice cream is just really good. It’s like soft serve in those stryfoam-y kinds of cones. Sometimes they put chocolate sauce or powder on it as well. Anyway, today I had two.
  • ·      Thorn: I have a cold (in the hottest place ever as my host family liked to tease) and there was this moment where I was lying in my room, struggling almost to breathe in the stuffy air, feeling sweat coating every part of me, and at that moment I wished I could be anywhere else but Tajikistan. Otherwise, things have actually been going well. I also really messed up reading a passage aloud in class. It was very embarrassing. I can barely read aloud in English, so it’s unsurprising I guess that I would struggle in Tajik.
  • ·      Bud: Weekend! No classes for a bit, also we’re going to the internet cafe Monday, so I will hopefully be able to upload these then.
  • ·      Bee/Pollen: Someone who helped you and how they helped you
  • ·      Roots: identity you hold or past experience or action that influenced something today and how
  • ·      Soil: I might stop doing this one, because the heat always has an impact on my mood, energy, and even ability to complete simple tasks like running.
  • ·      Flower: something that happened today that you are proud of

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose of this Blog

July 10th, 2019

Reverse Culture Shock