June 29th, 2019


            My cold got worse, so I am staying home today. I am missing going to the bazaar, but I think that is okay since I didn’t really need to buy anything. I have five weeks lefts to buy souvenirs. Some shorts might have been nice since my host mom said I could wear shorts, but the only kind I have are these very casual basketball shorts. Being sick sucks because you are missing out on a once in a lifetime experience and you don’t have access to Netflix or anything else like that. I can’t even find my earbuds to listen to music. While Martin Hagglund (author of my summer reading book, This Life) is a smart man with interesting ideas, he is tough reading when you can barely type, let alone think. And the Cormac McCarthy books I brought are just so violent and sickness-addled brain doesn’t know where to put the quotation marks like normal. That said I think Cormac McCarthy is my new favorite author (to read when not sick). He reminds me of Hemmingway.
          
 Things that I probably should be doing instead of reading Blood Meridian or writing this:
-       marking up This Life

  • -       Prepping for the Math 2 subject test in August when I return
  • -       Practicing reading aloud in Tajik, since in class that is one area where I am really struggling
  • -       Memorizing vocab! There is so much vocab. When you have five hours of one subject a day you get a lot of new vocabulary. Though there is something nice about studying one subject so deeply.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose of this Blog

July 10th, 2019

Reverse Culture Shock