June 30, 2019 (Last day of June!)



  • ·      Rose: Not being sick as a dog anymore. Don’t physically feel like trash!
  • ·      Thorn: For dinner, we had since stuffed peppers. My host mother made some with meat and some without, but all in the same pot, since they are cooked in a soup broth. Not only am I pretty sure it was an animal broth, but there were also little pieces of beef floating in it. As a vegetarian who hasn’t eaten meat since God-knows-when this was very tough
  • ·      Bud: Internet café tomorrow! There’s so much I need to do. I didn’t realize how much not having internet access would affect me and how many little things I use it for.
  • ·      Bee/Pollen: Someone who helped you and how they helped you
  • ·      Roots: We went to a Sufi Muslim shrine today and we basically walked around and there were men sitting at various places around the compound. We would approach them, sit, and they would talk in Tajik for a bit. Then they would sing a prayer. In Tajikistan, they pray by cupping their hands, while saying a prayer, and then cup up over their face. The men would always do this while singing their prayer and so would our local coordinator and resident director, but I didn’t know if we should as well. I am an atheist, raised in a relatively atheist (teetering on culturally Jewish) home, and, truth be told, don’t have much exposure to religion.
  • ·      Soil: something in your environment that had an impact on you today
  • ·      Flower: Nothing really, when I got home I went to my room and just studies, only having two short conversations besides meals and playing with my host siblings. I feel like I am not making the most of this experience, but also these days are so exhausting.
  • ·      Garden Gnome: funniest moment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose of this Blog

July 10th, 2019

Reverse Culture Shock