July 30th, 2019


I found out where my host grandfather is today. I also thought he had past away since the life expectancy here isn’t very long, and the 2 year old who said “bibi” (grandmother) never said “bobo” (grandfather). But this morning they told me he is on Haji in Saudi Arabia right now. He left three months ago and will be returning in September. Apparently the food there is very bad and he misses Tajik food. I don’t think I’ll miss Tajik food.
            We got let out of class early to practice our skits and run the performance. Our class’s skits have yet to come together, after my dramatized version of a short story about a wise vizier we read in class was vetoed. But honestly the skits we are doing know are much easier to memorize.
            This afternoon two other students came over to my house to study, but the night ended with them staying for dinner. It was nice to hear them talk Tajiki since I am in the other class and we mostly talk English together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose of this Blog

Reverse Culture Shock

July 10th, 2019